Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 24

Waiting for day 24. The coiled spring is well and truly tight. No clearer reasons needed as to why we do it.

My spouse and I havent made love in 4 weeks. Just not her thing you see. I'm sure its not a unique story, and there are people all over the country, the world, in just the same situation as I. The only difference is I am one of the ones that choose to do something about it. I could take the fact that she doesnt want it as feedback. On my looks, personality, technique etc. etc. But lets not gaze too long at our navels here. I do take it as some sort of message when, after 4 weeks of abstinence, when away on a weekend together, she doesnt want it becasue she's "not quite in the mood", then for whatever reason, ranging from my body odour to the possible presence of another man on the scene, she just doesnt want it. No point beating myself up over it. Be positive, get out there and meet people. Yet again, such advice could equally apply to anyone whether currently involved or not. Just that when you are involved it takes a bit more work to find the right person while protecting your own position and the feelings of your loved ones.

Speaking of advice, an absolute gem from Aphrodite the other day, to all the young girls out there looking for the right one:

  1. If you want to find your prince, you have to be prepared to kiss a few frogs. Some will turn out to be just frogs, some will be somewhere in between;
  2. Treat all with the respect they deserve. After all, frogs have feelings too;
  3. And finally and most importantly remember: Don't marry a frog.
Ribbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment