Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Aphrodite: Music to my ears


Funny how these things happen. I'm not sure what came first. My lover's nickname, or this album. Or indeed whether I truly knew what it all meant. I chose the name Aphrodite as I wanted something that sounded right, and it just did. Then I checked it out and it turns out that Aphrodite is the goddess of love. Hmmm. Next I get this album. Aphrodite by Kylie Minogue. Now I'm all for a lighthearted dance track from everyone's favourite antipodean angel, but meaningful lyrics aren't top of the list of expectations. But check out this selection, and believe me, its not comprehensive. Ideal for all romancers, secret or not, and while it might not all be Shakespeare, it somehow rings true. Not bad for throw away pop.

All the Lovers:
It hurts, when you get to close, but baby it hurts!
If love is really good you just want more,
Even if it throws you too the fire, fire, fire, fire!

Get Outa My Way:
I'm about to let you see.
This is what'll happen if you ain't giving your girl what she needs.

Put Your Hands Up (If you feel love):
Everybody knows how life can get so twisted
But I won't let it bring me down
There's no point in ever trying to resist it
Just work it out

Closer:
Closer and closer and closer
To you now, never enough
Closer and closer you pull me
Give me more
Soft and slow

Everything Is Beautiful:
And if I lie with you long enough,
I can see the things I'm dreaming of

Aphrodite:
The moment that you kiss me
you know that you'll miss me

Illusion:
Cause I'm losing my belief
can I make it when there's so much doubt
someone help me out! Cause I'm in to deep

Better Than Today:
How can you hate something that you ain't have tried
You got to lose control almost every night yeah

Stupid Boy:
You're under my skin
I need your touch

Looking For An Angel:
And when good things are good
I want to share them
I don't want to be alone

No comments:

Post a Comment