Sunday, January 9, 2011

Days 20 and 21

There’s a lot happened since I last wrote but none of it is necessarily for these files. The day to day hazards of conducting a ldla mean the occasional missed rendezvous due to weather and other interruptions, but it seems like we’ve had more than our fair share. In these situations, common sense applies. It doesn’t matter what you thought you were going to get, so don’t cling on. If the opportunity to meet is fraught with risks of discovery or even physical danger, then don’t do it because it isn’t worth it.

So a few days when we thought we would be together, we weren’t. I know there were some serious preparations being made for me on one occasion, so it left us both really disappointed.

When we finally did get together, it was from famine to feast. We had a lunch-time together, an evening and then a whole night and morning. Excuses were fairly robust, so not really much to worry about. I find I enjoy myself a lot more when the risk is low. I am sure some people out there will be the opposite. As I’ve stated before, if you are in it for the long haul, I don’t think you should take any unnecessary risks.

There is of course, one big risk you always take in this game. That is when you end up wanting different things. One person wants more or less than the other. Tricky. Nothing special about extra marital affairs here, this happens in any relationship. The best advice here is to always try and get as much understanding about your partners wants and desires as you can. And funnily enough, try to be really clear to yourself about your own wants too. That’s not always as easy as it sounds. Then it’s just a case of making sure you act in your own best interests. If they aren’t committing, or if they’re getting too heavy, well just stop and think. What do you really want? And if it’s still good for you, stay. If its not, then go. After all, as Aphrodite and I are always saying, life’s too short.

And I think we’ll be around for a wee while yet. This sort of thing can get addictive. Be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment