Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 17 itself +1

Well what a day. Actually it wasn't a day at all: day 17 was actually day 17 +1, as I missed my flight due to traffic. Sometimes, despite all best plans, you cant get around some obstacles, and have to accept that there is a need to work with them. In this case, a positive attitude got us quickly from despair of a lost meeting to a rescheduled flight and some hastily revised excuses at home and work. Job done and actually a few extra hours between us to enjoy.

Next lesson: stay cool. It will be good to think through problem scenarios and plan your response. What if you are dining with your beau and someone you know walks in? What if you are seen at the airport? Why are you there? Why are you booking a hotel on line late at night? Think of the reason in advance, just in case, and when the time comes you will be able to think on your feet. And make it as close to the truth as possible.

And day 17? Well it was everything I wanted to be and more. We keep saying that just as we think it can't get any better, it does. Where is this leading? Who knows. But we both know that we are enjoying our time together more than ever, and want more and more. If you think entering into an affair will satisfy your longing and desire, just like I did, then in my experience you are both right and wrong. Yes, it will satisfy your desires, perhaps, if you are lucky. But if you are really lucky, it will create deeper longing and new desires in you that you never knew you had, and take you to new worlds that you have never visited before. You might call that lucky, you might not, that depends. But I am glad that I have visited these worlds, and I am not sure I want to go home anymore. I guess sometimes you get more than you bargained for. That's one of the beauties of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment