Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 1 revisited

Its two years coming up, and I went back to that first time and a song compilation that I made for that day. And it is really strange that its still relevant today, perhaps in some slightly different ways. See for yourself:


You Don’t Bring Me Flowers – Neil Diamond with Barbara Streisand
Well you think I could learn how to tell you goodbye
Because you don’t say you need me
You don’t sing me love songs
You don’t bring me flowers anymore

Hand Me Down – Matchbox Twenty
From what I’ve seen
You’re just one more hand me down
Cause no ones tried to give you what you need
So lay all your troubles down
I am with you now

You’ve Got A Friend – Carole King
They’ll take your soul if you let them
Oh yeah but don’t you let them
You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I’ll come running to see you again

Please Forgive Me – David Gray
Help me out here
All my words are falling short
And there’s so much I want to say
Want to tell you just how good it feels
When you look at me that way

Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that’s bursting into life

Smooth – Santana Feat. Rob Thomas
You got the kind of lovin’ that can be so smooth yeah
Give me your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman – Carole King
When my soul was in the lost and found
You came along to claim it
I didn’t know just what was wrong with me
Till your kiss helped me name it

I Feel The Earth Move – Carole King
I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down

Thought I Died And Gone To Heaven – Bryan Adams
Only wanted to stay awhile
Only wanted to play awhile
Then you taught me to fly like a bird
Baby – thought I’d died and gone to heaven
Such a night I never had before

One Day Like This – Elbow
Lying with me half awake
Stumbling over what to say
Well, anyway, its looking like a beautiful day
Throw those curtains wide!
One day like this a year’d see me right

Ol’ 55 – Tom Waits
My time went so quickly,
I went lickety-splickly
Out to my old ‘55
Pulled away slowly, feeling so holy,
God knows, I was feelin’ alive

I Try – Macy Gray
I believe that fate has brought us here
And we should be together babe
But we’re not
I play it off but I’m dreamin of you

Just Friends – Amy Winehouse
Thought we need to find a time
To just do this shit together
‘Fore it gets worse
I want to touch you
But that just hurts

Until The Night – Billy Joel
I’ll have my fears like any man
You’ll have your tears like any woman
Today we’ll be unsure, is this what we believe in
And wonder how can we go on

Just A Little – Liberty X
Sexy,
Everything about you’s so sexy
You don’t even know what you got
You’re really hitting my spot

No comments:

Post a Comment